[Condor-users] Flocking and high availability

Dear all,

To ease our problems with wake-on-lan, I am thinking of changing our
Condor topology from one big pool across campus to lots of little ones
connected by flocking.

We use teaching cluster PCs as our Condor Pool, and the idea is that one
of the PCs in each cluster would be the local match maker. Jobs would
(exclusively) flock from our central submitter/matchmaker pair to the
local pools. The teaching cluster PCs are not submit nodes so they don't
need any flock_to config lines.

Now, the obvious question arises: what if the PC in a local pool we have
chosen as local match maker is down? Looking at the High Availability part
of the manual it says you can have multiple negotiators, BUT it further
states that this does not work in the case of flocking.

My question is would it work in my case of restricted flocking (getting
jobs from one central submitter/matchmaker)?
I suspect not, but would appreciate a response from the gurus out there :-)

Many thanks
-Ian

--
Ian Cottam