[Condor-users] Quick Start Vanilla Condor on Ubuntu 10.04

Hello Condor-users,

Is there a quick start guide for getting condor up and running on a small ubuntu 10.04 pool? I just want to run processes on other machine's idle processors (vanilla universe).

Here's where I'm at if anyone can help:

2 identical (virtual) machines with fresh installs of Ubuntu 10.04 with
Condor 7.2.4 installed via 'apt-get install condor'

At this point both machines have their own local condors, and I can queue and run jobs, no problem.

I edited the /etc/condor/condor_config files thusly:

On machine 1:
CONDOR_HOST = [IP address of machine 2]
HOSTALLOW_READ = *
HOSTALLOW_WRITE = *

On machine 2:
HOSTALLOW_READ = *
HOSTALLOW_WRITE = *

After a reboot (?) condor_status on either machine shows me the slots on both machines and if they're busy/idle/etc (yay!). However, they still seem to have different queues. I.e, when I submit from machine 1, I only see it in condor_q on machine 1, and it only runs on the cpu of machine 1 (but I see the usage in condor_status on machine 2).

I imagine there's a configuration parameter I need to set somewhere, but I don't know what. Help please?

Thanks,

Dan

--
Dan Grollman
Robot Doctor

Cambridge Research Laboratory
Vecna Technologies, Inc.
36 Cambridge Park Drive
Cambridge, MA 02140
Phone: (617) 864-0636
Fax: (617) 864-0638

Better Technology, Better World (TM)

The contents of this message may be privileged and confidential. Therefore, if this message has been received in error, please delete it without reading it. Your receipt of this message is not intended to waive any applicable privilege. Please do not disseminate this message without the permission of the author.