Re: [Condor-users] Hadoop on Condor

On 10/24/2011 03:42 PM, David Brodbeck wrote:
I have some users who are interested in running Hadoop jobs on our
Condor cluster.  Googling found me this, which sounds promising but is
thin on implementation details:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/CondorWeek2010/condor-presentations/thain-condor-hadoop.pdf

I'm wondering if anyone can point me to some more detailed information
on how to get this going?  I don't have any previous experience with
Hadoop, so I'm probably missing something obvious.

--
David Brodbeck
System Administrator, Linguistics

Re HDFS, see http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.6/3_13Setting_Up.html#36386

Re MapReduce, see https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=MapReduce

I've not walked through these, but they're likely your best starting points. Both are maintained by people who read condor-users.

Best,

matt