Re: [Condor-users] standard universe jobs won't start but vanilla are OK

I've just compiled and linked a "hello world" C code with condor_compile
and I get exactly the same thing - it runs OK under vanilla but doesn't
seem to start under standard universe. I noticed this in startd log

 Job wants old RSC/Ckpt starter, skipping /usr/sbin/condor_starter

Is this relevant ? Also whenever I run the code I get this error:

Condor: Notice: Remote system calls disabled.

Which sounds serious ???

cheers,

-ian.