Re: [Condor-users] group <none> appeared after upgrade from 7.4.3 to 7.6.2

On Wed, 2011-10-19 at 10:44 -0500, Joe Boyd wrote:
> The cluster administrator
> set the quotas on the real defined groups because they care about
> those getting
> slots and the <none> group which doesn't actually exist and is made up
> on the
> fly should be forced to take a back seat to the defined groups and not
> be put
> before them even if their starvation rate puts them higher.

The <none> group exists on equal footing with any admin-defined groups.
The reason that it is treated on equal footing is that jobs not
submitted under an accounting group name (or an undefined acct group
name) are considered as belonging to group <none> by the
negotiator/accountant; there is no generally applicable reason to treat
those jobs as 2nd-class citizens.

The group <none> can be configured to have no quota of it's own (just
assign all quota to admin-defined groups), in which case any jobs
submitted to an admin-defined group will always be allocated their slot
quotas preferentially, and <none> can accept surplus quota if there is
any.

The problem with setting group priority factor on <none> is an
interesting wrinkle.  That suggests changing its name, and/or allowing
an admin to configure the name used for the root group.  I originally
used <none> specifically to make collisions with admin-defined groups
syntactically impossible, but it bites us here