Re: [Condor-users] problem on the installation!

Jeff,

The problem is that when you install Condor from the Ubuntu (or any) repository, it simply doesn't include the 'condor_install' script.  The idea is that the package manager wants to keep track how Condor is installed.  As long as the package manager knows where all of the files are, it can easily uninstall and upgrade the package's files (albeit rarely, since the people at Ubuntu are still a few versions behind).  So, since they want you to use the package manager to do all of this, they purposefully didn't include the 'condor_install' script because such a low-level reinstall would cause the package manager to lose track of the installed files.  Thus, the only good way to get the latest version is to download it from the Condor project website.  Just install the *.deb file (so you can still kinda use the package manager).   If you *really* want the 'condor_install' script, the only place to get it (I think) is in the full source code download, which is also available on the website.

Best Regards,
 ~ Garrett K.
Washington and Lee University
condor.cs.wlu.edu