Re: [Condor-users] Recursive DAGman

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 11:11 AM, Ian Cottam <Ian.Cottam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Without going in to too much detail at this stage, we have a user who is
trying to get a recursive DAGman to work.
Can anyone point me at examples or advice on this?

DAGMan stands for: Directed, Acyclic Graph Manager. Acyclic means "without cycles". In graph parlance it means there's no way to start at node A and get back to node A in the graph. The technology actively attempts to make writing cycles very, very hard to do. :)

He should have to look at maybe doing a very long chain of dynamic sub-DAGs with a short cut "jump to the end" that can be taken at the converge step that runs between each dynamic sub-DAG step.

Regards,
- Ian

--
Ian Chesal

Cycle Computing, LLC
Leader in Open Compute Solutions for Clouds, Servers, and Desktops
Enterprise Condor Support and Management Tools
888.292.5320

http://www.cyclecomputing.com
http://www.cyclecloud.com
http://twitter.com/cyclecomputing