[Condor-users] condor_store_cred error "Make sure your ALLOW_WRITE setting includes this host."

Hello all,

I have a small all windows machines pool. I have noticed for a while that some of my STARTD machines have problems with credentials while/after being claimed. They become unresponsive so when I run condor_store_cred query –name machinename on those problematic computers, I get the error message: “Make sure your ALLOW_WRITE setting includes this host”. When I check the ALLOW_WRITE setting, I’d get the following “*.mydomain.com”, which I think is a valid value. For the machine to go back to normal, I issue  “condor_restart” locally, and  then I can query my credentials using condor_store_cred just fine.

Have any of you  heard of such behaviors before? if you have, would you be kind to share your experience on how your solve this issue?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Respectfully,

Alex Alas

Systems Administrator

Fugro EarthData, Inc.

Tel. 301-948-8550 x219 / Fax 301-963-2064

E-mail: aalas@xxxxxxxxx / Website: www.fugroearthdata.com

7320 Executive Way, Frederick, MD  21704