[Condor-users] Lost with MPI on Windows

Greetings,

Let me very first stress the fact that I am a complete newbie to condor. I setup a condor cluster exclusively on Windows machines that are all dedicated to condor exclusively. The basic installation went fine, I can see all the cluster members when I do a condor_status. Part of the job is also to enable MPI programs to be executed within this cluster. According to the condor 7.6.6 manual this needs a dedicated scheduler to be installed and the jobs actually to be submitted with some wrapper scripts provided by condor. The documentation claims, that a sample config file (condor_config.local.dedicated.resource) is provided with the distribution and also the wrapper scripts (lamscript and mp1script) are provided. Unfortunately none of these files show up in my installation. I managed to find condor_config.local.dedicated.resource on the internet, though I have no idea if this is the correct version (it refers to some unix-style paths which are definitely not accessible on this windows machines). I did not manage to find any hint on where to find this wrapper scripts for MPI executables.

My questions for now:

-          Is the dedicated resources scheduler definition configuration version depending between unix or windows?

-          How can I find out if the dedicated scheduler is running correctly?

-          How can I get access to the wrapper scripts that are needed to execute MPI jobs?

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cheers

//Helmut

Helmut Klarn

Systems Administrator