Re: [Condor-users] Core detection - AMD 6180 SE

> [Ubuntu 12.04, condor 7.8.1]
>
> I am using some boxes with four AMD 6180 SE processors. Everything I can
> find on the web describes these as "12 core" processors, which suggests I
> have 48 real cores available.
>
> I have configured condor with:
>
> COUNT_HYPERTHREAD_CPUS = False
> SLOT_TYPE_1 = cpus=100%, ram=95%, swap=100%, disk=100%
> SLOT_TYPE_1_PARTITIONABLE = True
> NUM_SLOTS_TYPE_1 = 1
>
> and it tells me that there are only 24 cores ("DetectedCPUs" is 48, but
> "TotalCPUs" is 24). That is, Condor says there is hyperthreading.
>
> I think I'm not the first to come across this:
> https://www-auth.cs.wisc.edu/lists/condor-users/2011-August/msg00005.shtml

Can you send the full /proc/cpuinfo?  The code that counts the number of CPUs
uses a number of hueristics, and it probably needs another small tweak.  I'm
not on the Condor team any longer, but I wrote the above code, and I could
probably fix this pretty easily.

-Nick