Re: [Condor-users] giving a machine the ability to run jobs

On 08/13/2012 10:57 AM, Tkacheff CIV Jeffrey C wrote:
Gang,

I have a cluster on 12 machines for Condor. I have 1 machine of the 12 that I allow to submit jobs but not run them, the 11 other machines has the run ability. In hind sight I think that I am wasting the cpu power of that 12th machine. How do I change the 12th machine that can submit jobs and not run them to submit jobs and run them?

Thx
jeff

You can run the condor_startd (add STARTD to the DAEMON_LIST in configuration) on the 12th machine.

If you find running jobs impacts submitting jobs, you could simply set NUM_CPUS to something lower than the actual number of CPUs, effectively leaving room for the condor_schedd.

Best,

matt