[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [HTCondor-users] Storing HTCondor user log files centrally
- Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 08:10:22 -0600
- From: Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] Storing HTCondor user log files centrally
On 12/11/2012 4:02 AM, Matthew Forshaw wrote:
I was wondering if it is possible to specify a central location where
all HTCondor user logs are stored, in addition to the location specified
in the users' submit files.
1. I would like this to happen automatically without users having to
change their submit scripts.
2. I would like logs to be stored even if a log file location has not
been specified inside the job description.
3. Ideally I would like these logs to be in ClassAd XML format but I
should be able to parse the output regardless of format.
To achieve exactly the above across all users on a given schedd, add the
following into the config file of your submit machine:
EVENT_LOG = /some/file/path
EVENT_LOG_USE_XML = True
(and then do a condor_reconfig of course)
There are some additional knobs related to this functionality, such as
log rotation and the ability to log values of arbitrary job attributes. See: