Re: [HTCondor-users] Prefetch all-to-one inter-dependencies in DAGMan

On Mon, 17 Dec 2012, Walid Saad wrote:

Hi all,
I want to submit to condor scheduler the following DAG (attached).

JOB  A  A.condor
JOB  B  B.condor
JOB  C  C.condor
JOB  D  D.condor

PARENT A B C CHILD D

The output file of jobs A, B, C are the input file for the  job D.
According to the job DAGMan the job D will be submitted  if all jobs A, B
and  C are completed.
My question is as follows:
Is there a way in Condor to submit the job D as soon as one of jobs A, B or
C is finished?

Right now DAGMan doesn't support a way to do this. (There's a ticket requesting this kind of feature; for some reason, I can't access the gittrac tickets right now, so I can't give you a link.)

The only way I can think of to implement this would be a lot of work: you'd have to have POST scripts for jobs A, B, and C that would condor_rm the other jobs in that "set", and also mark the node as successful if the job was removed.

Kent Wenger
CHTC Team