Re: [Condor-users] Jobs remains idle even when free machines are available

On 02/08/2012 12:41 AM, Raman Sehgal wrote:
Hello All,

     My condor is working fine with few minor problem.

The problem is that my jobs remains in IDLE state, even when
free machines are available in condor pool.
   I dont know why this is happening, In principle if the machine is
free in condor pool the job should go on that and should start running.
but my some jobs remain in IDLE state.

Does anybody face this type of problem, and know how to resolve it
then please let me know.

I will be thankful to him.

Standard practice here is to start with "condor_q -bet <idle job id>"

Best,

matt