[Condor-users] pcre.h not found

I am still struggling with the pcre library although I have made some progress. I was able to include the path to my PCRE library in the CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH environment variable which helped cmake find pcre. So the configuration part of cmake finished fine. But when I install it I get this error

[  0%] Building CXX object src/classad/CMakeFiles/classad.dir/fnCall.cpp.o

/home/spervez1/condor-7.7.4/src/classad/fnCall.cpp:40:22: error: pcre.h: No such file or directory

/home/spervez1/condor-7.7.4/src/classad/fnCall.cpp: In function 'bool classad::regexp_helper(const char*, const char*, const char*, bool, std::string, classad::Value&)':

I checked the cmake configuration in ‘ccmake’ and while it has the correct path for HAVE_PCRE_H, the value for HAVE_PCRE_PCRE_H is set to HAVE_PCRE_PCRE_H-NOTFOUND.

I am confused why if it finds the path to the library it does not just look in the include folder for pcre.h. Does anyone know what’s going on here. Thanks!