Re: [Condor-users] Maximum jobs on submit machine

Thanks for the tip.  I changed the SharedSection value from 512 to 1280 following the instructions on the link you provided, and now the number of jobs seems to peak at about 110.  However, I am not able to go much higher...is there a maximum to the value SharedSection can have?

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gore, Brooklin
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 11:49 AM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Maximum jobs on submit machine

Eric,

While your maximum jobs running (50-85) is a bit lower than the 120
usually associated with the Windows HEAP size issue, it could be related.

Check the last article here:
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.8/7_4Condor_on.html

A silly question: There are more than 50-85 machines available to actually
run these jobs, right?

Best, ~Brooklin