Re: [Condor-users] running our of file descriptors

On 1/27/2012 1:07 PM, Gregory Skelton wrote:
Hi Guys,

I'm seeing a situation where I'm running our of file descriptors, and
then the negotiator restarts. I see this has been reported before, but
I don't know what the resolution was.

Assuming you are on Linux, perhaps just increase the per-process file descriptor limits and/or the system-wide descriptor limits? Pithy background and commands to do this on Linux are available at
  http://research.cs.wisc.edu/condor/condorg/linux_scalability.html

hope this helps
Todd