[Condor-users] Condor 7.8 / Absent machines / POVB / PowerMAN

Todd, David:
I haven't done much with our POVB based (secondary) Pool since our
University introduced PowerMAN on all managed Windows boxes. I note from
Todd's Condor Week 2012 talk that in 7.8 there is the notion of "absent"
machines. I was wondering how much stronger this notion is than the old
"offline" one, which never seemed to be quite enough to keep our POVB pool
going in the presence of PowerMAN.

Before I dedicate a fair while to trying this, I would welcome your
comments.
(All welcome to comment of course.)

regards
-Ian