Re: [Condor-users] RAM allocated to dynamic slots

On Mon, 2012-07-30 at 15:22 +0100, Brian Candler wrote:
> I wonder if someone can explain the following to me.  I am just getting
> started with partitioned slots, but I find that if I submit jobs with
> RequestMemory = 1991 then the apparent memory allocated for the slot is 2688
> (which is 35% higher than I requested)

Hi Brian,

it looks like you are seeing the effects of the default value for
MODIFY_REQUEST_EXPR_REQUESTMEMORY:

MODIFY_REQUEST_EXPR_REQUESTMEMORY =
quantize(RequestMemory,{TotalSlotMemory / TotalSlotCpus / 4})

Documentation is here:
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.8/3_3Configuration.html#18487