Re: [Condor-users] credd locking out accounts with inexplicable bad logon attempts

Can credd authentication be made to work with Kerberos instead of NTSSPI, including support for RUN_AS_OWNER?

If I change the SEC_CLIENT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS to "Kerberos" I get this error in the creddlog at startup: Unable to initialize kerberos: Can't open/find Kerberos configuration file.

There is no documentation on how to specify this Kerberos configuration file.

Wikipedia indicates that NTLM and SSPI are deprecated in favor of Kerberos. The code in Condor doing NTLM authentication appears to be from 12 year old sample code. I don't know, but the age and deprecation of this stuff may play into how it's randomly not working for me.