Re: [Condor-users] file location convention

On Thu, Jun 07, 2012 at 06:33:31AM -0400, Rita wrote:
> Thanks for your response.
>
> Is there a page on the wiki or documentation for the proper convention to
> follow? I am writing an API and I want to be certain where I place my logs
> so I dont go back and forth.

Searching for "NFS" on the manual web page

http://research.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.8/Index.html

gives a few nuggets of info about Condor & NFS.

Also, searching for "NFS" in
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.8/3_3Configuration.html
gives more relevant information.

However, I do not know of any _one_ place where all the condor+nfs
wisdom is written down.

Nathan Panike

> On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 10:31 PM, Nathan Panike <nwp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 05:49:46PM -0400, Rita wrote:
> > > which logs?
> >
> > The condor daemons' logs and the user logs. In fact, DAGman will
> > complain and refuse to run on NFS unless the DAGMAN_LOG_ON_NFS_IS_ERROR
> > is set to false explicitly in a config file.
> >
> > Nathan Panike

> > the

> > has the
> > has

> --

Nathan Panike, nwp@xxxxxxxxxxx
Scientific Programmer
UW-Madison Center for High Throughput Computing
Computer Sciences Department, Room 4280
1210 W. Dayton St.
Madison, WI 53706 USA
608.890.0032

Scientific Programmer
Laboratory for Molecular and Computational Genomics
Biotechnology Center
425 Henry Mall, room 5445
Madison, WI 53706 USA
608.890.0086