Re: [Condor-users] rank question

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 09:37:21AM -0400, Tim St Clair wrote:
>    It should be noted that folks who request large amounts of memory will
>    already be punished due to fragmentation and any RANK adjustment may
>    ensure that they rarely, if ever, run.   So you will likely want to
>    break out some stats to compare BEFORE and AFTER.

I was thinking of a similar issue. My plan was to have a single dynamic slot
for the server (assigned all the CPUs and all the RAM), to try to ensure no
over-subscription.  Is this a reasonable approach?  Are there reasons not to
do it this way?

Obviously the job might use more resources than it declares, but I'm not so
worried about this. I trust the users submitting the jobs, and if I didn't I
could probably ulimit them.

Thanks

Brian.