Re: [Condor-users] Condor on high security networks

On 29-02-2012 08:32, Tiago Macarios wrote:
Hi,

My company sells a software that is embarrassingly parallel and
easy to use with Condor. We also support PBS and I know that they
both have their differences, but for our purposes they work pretty
much the same. My point is that we really have a hard time getting
aerospace and high security standard customers to even think about
installing Condor, most of the time they prefer to buy PBS or even
install TORQUE. Apparently they are worried about what Condor will
do with their files.

If you could elaborate more re their worries, e.g. give a few specific examples, please do! Thanks.

I know that the project is open source and
that if they wanted they could check what it is doing, but it does
not seem to be enough to convince them to install Condor.

Do any of you have this problem also and how do you cope with it?
Is there any "high profile" company/organization that fits the
profile I described and that uses condor?

There are many past and present, incl multiple companies in aerospace, but I will only point out a few that have made their use of Condor public knowledge, perhaps because they gave presentations at Condor Week (see http://research.cs.wisc.edu/condor/past_condor_weeks.html), have posted to this public email list, etc.

A couple minutes of web browsing came up with:

Fermi National Labs, Boeing, NASA, WiPro, Micron, Embraer, Honda, DreamWorks Animation, CERN, Aruba, The Hartford, Fair Issac, Brookhaven National Labs, Bank of America, Altera

regards,
Todd