Re: [Condor-users] linux condor Cycle tealing mode

On Tuesday, 6 March, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Adlimd wrote:

Thank you agin but I do not know which file has this configuration I mean which file I have to change

You might do well to review the first few chapters of the Condor manual, but here's the cheat sheet version for you:

You generally want to make these sorts of configuration changes in your local condor configuration file. It's the file that the LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE setting points to (see: http://research.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.6/3_3Configuration.html#15623). If you're using 7.6.x or higher you can also use the LOCAL_CONFIG_DIR option and just place all of this configuration information in to a file in that directory (see: http://research.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.6/3_3Configuration.html#15642).

If you have the Condor binaries in your path you can figure out which file to edit by typing:

condor_config_val local_config_file

Or which directory to put the updates in by typing:

condor_config_val local_config_dir

If you go with the LOCAL_CONFIG_DIR route just make sure that the file you put this configuration stuff in sorts, lexicographically, last so its contents override the contents of any other file being loaded from the directory.

Regards,
- Ian

---
Ian Chesal

Cycle Computing, LLC
Leader in Open Compute Solutions for Clouds, Servers, and Desktops
Enterprise Condor Support and Management Tools

http://www.cyclecomputing.com
http://www.cyclecloud.com
http://twitter.com/cyclecomputing