Re: [Condor-users] job_lease_duration / multiple nics

On 3/16/2012 11:35 AM, Shrum, Donald C wrote:

2- I thought the lease renewal occurred when the submit node
contacted the processing node.  Not the other way around as my log
seems to indicate.

Hi Donny -

Starting with Condor v7.5.4, the default value for configuration knob
STARTD_SENDS_ALIVE changed from false to true, for good reasons. From
the Manual:

STARTD_SENDS_ALIVES A boolean value that defaults to True, causing
keep alive messages to be sent from the condor_startd to the
condor_schedd by TCP during a claim. When False, the condor_schedd
daemon sends keep alive signals to the the condor_startd, reversing
the direction. If both condor_startd and condor_schedd daemons are
Condor version 7.5.4 or more recent, this variable is only used by
the condor_schedd daemon. For earlier Condor versions, the variable
must be set to the same value, and it must be set for both daemons.

regards,
Todd