[Condor-users] Backup Scheduler

Hi

As far as I understood the scheduler (e.g. the submit machine) is a
critical part in the condor set up. If this machine fails, all jobs
which are controlled and have been started already will stop and only
continue after the scheduler is back online.

Is there a way to build a back-up scheduler?

We have a cluster with one dedicated submit machine. Mainly due to
security and hardware reasons we want to have only one machine where to
user can log in and start jobs.
While this machine is usually running, reboots e.g. due to updates cause
all jobs within the cluster to stop and restart when it comes back on.
We would like to avoid that, as most of our jobs are within the vanilla
universe.

Is there a way to do so?

Greetings from Austria,
Hermann