Re: [Condor-users] Rendering

I'm clueless on rendering but using the below approach mentioned by Edier you could do something like follows

split video.avi into x parts. each with the name video.1.avi, video.2.avi, video.n.avi or similar

Then your condor submit file would like

# ffmpeg Submit File
Universe=Vanilla
Should_Transfer_Files = Yes
When_To_Transfer_Output = ON_EXIT_OR_EVICT
Transfer_Executable=false
Executable=ffmpeg
Log=Global_Job_Log.txt

Arguments= "-arg 1 -arg 2"
Input = video.$(PROCESS).avi
Error=Error.$(PROCESS).txt
Queue 10

The `Queue 10` will then submit 10 jobs, each with the same Cluster ID but a different Process ID, then `$(PROCESS)` will be expanded to the job's process id, and only fetch that video part.

Obviously `Queue 10` can be substituted for however many video parts you may have.

It may also be worth looking at http://www.cirquedigital.com/products/gdiqueue/ - A tool built on top of condor that claims "Distributed rendering made easy".

Tom