Re: [Condor-users] Condor on ARM?

On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 05:13:42PM -0400, John Lambert wrote:
> I currently have done nothing more than gotten a QEMU Debian (Wheezy) image
> running, and installed condor via the Sid repos. Some commands seem to be
> missing (condor_restart, notably.)

I just verified that the package contains condor_restart. You should be
able to use it (/usr/sbin).

> I can run condor_q, history etc., but I get no output from
> condor_status even after verifying that all the right daemons are
> being run and using very forgiving settings in condor_config
> (NO_DNS=TRUE, CONDOR_HOST=127.0.0.1, etc.) I think this may be
> improved if I switch to bridged networking under QEMU, but I'm
> currently combing through the man pages to figure out how exactly to
> make that happen.

Have you tried using the debconf-based configuration, i.e.

  dpkg-reconfigure condor

if you indicate to configure a personal condor it should work. However,
condor doesn't behave properly with lo being the only network interface,
as its name resolution seems to break down and e.g. FULL_HOSTNAME
becomes undefined. You better give it some additional network interface.

Michael

--
Michael Hanke
http://mih.voxindeserto.de