[Condor-users] Hostname works with condor_status, but not with condor_fetchlog. Why?

Hi,

I have a Condor master version 7.7.5 on a linux system; the Windows XP pool PCs have older Conder (I think 7.3).

When I do on the master, for example  "condor_status slot1@m9"  I get the usual output.

However, when I do: "condor_fetchlog -debug slot1@m9 STARTD" or "condor_fetchlog -debug m9 STARTD", I get:

   05/09/12 20:28:46 Can't find address for master slot1@m9

   Couldn't locate daemon on slot1@m9: Can't find address for master slot1@m9

or

   05/09/12 20:28:27 Can't find address for master
   Couldn't locate daemon on m9: Can't find address for master

I can ping m9, because I have it in the /etc/hosts file of the master PC.

(The Windows pool PCs do not have registered hostnames; they have IP addresses, which I match in the /etc/hosts file).

Is condor_fetchlog broken here?

Thanks,
Rob.