[Condor-users] configure condor with environment vaiables

Hi,

My predecessor configured condor by using environment variables, such as
export _condor_START_owner=${USER}.
I understand this is to config START _expression_ with owner attribute. But how does this work?

This is only ref I found: "Some Condor tools utilize environment variables to set their configuration. These tools search for specifically-named environment variables. The variables are prefixed by the string_CONDOR_ or _condor_. The tools strip off the prefix, and utilize what remains as configuration."

Following the format I made some change, but some worked some did not work:

export _condor_START=true (work, allow any one to run jobs)
export _condor_START=((Owner="xxx")||(Owner="yyy"))  - doesn't work, error "Required attribute "START" is not defined"
export _condor_START_owner="xxx"||"yyy" - "Required attribute "START" is not defined"

so how to configure condor by environment variables, this prefix suffix way?

Thanks,
Hao