Re: [Condor-users] condor_master wrapper

On 05/18/2012 06:39 AM, Rita wrote:
Is there a native condor feature which will let me test for things such
as java existence, filesystem existence, etc.. before starting up startd
on a host?  Or should I just wrap condor_master in a script for the test
and if all is well then start up condor_master ?

The common approach here is to let the master start and use [0] to attribute slot ads with information about the health of the system.

This way you can condor_status to find troubled nodes, don't necessarily have to login to fix the node, handle if the checks pass on condor start but then later fail...

Best,

matt

[0] http://research.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.6/4_4Hooks.html#sec:daemon-classad-hooks