[Condor-users] passing parameters through nested DAGs?

Hi all,

I am very new to working directly with Condor and am trying to learn more about building DAGs.  I have a workflow that can be represented with nested DAGs, and I’m wondering if there is something like VARS that works with DAGs.  I have a master DAG that needs to call several other DAGs, and each of these is identical except that they need to pass distinct parameters to the submit files they call.  For example:

# File name: dagA.dag

JOB FirstJob template.sub

JOB SecondJob othertemplate.sub

VARS FirstJob myparam="A"

VARS SecondJob myparam="A"

# File name: dagB.dag

JOB FirstJob template.sub

JOB SecondJob othertemplate.sub

VARS FirstJob myparam="B"

VARS SecondJob myparam="B"

And so on.  Is there some elegant way to have one “template” DAG file that takes and passes myparam through to the called .sub files?  Or do I actually need separate DAG files?

Thanks!

Sara

The information in this e-mail and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain privileged or confidential information. Delivery to other than the intended recipient shall not be deemed to waive any privilege. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or distribution of this message or attachment is strictly prohibited. If you believe that you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the e-mail and all of its attachments.