[Condor-users] ordering jobs

I'm submitting a bunch of 2-node dags: node A is cpu-bound and runs for
minutes, node B parses node A's output file and writes out the bits I
want. Node B is short running and i/o bound.

What seems to happen is condor is scheduling all node As first, then all
node Bs. I'm wondering if I can get it to run node Bs as soon as their
parent node As are done and this way perhaps spread the i/o load a bit.

Setting rank to 1.0 and 2.0 for A and B resp doesn't seem to do
anything. Do I need to submit them in smaller batches or something?

Thanks,
--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin