Re: [Condor-users] When does Condor clean up the SPOOL directory?

On 5/31/2012 2:17 AM, Rob wrote:
Hi,

I'm running a Condor master (version 7.7.5) on a 64 bit Fedora/linux
system, which manages a Windows-only pool.

The spool directory of the master (/var/lib/condor/spool/) still has
directories and files of suspended jobs, although these jobs already
are completed and thus not in the queue anymore.

I thought Condor would clean up the spool directory as soon as the
job is successfully completed. Or is this done in a periodic clean up
procedure once a day or so?

Or have I configured somethings wrong?

Be aware there is a known bug we are working to fix in Condor v7.8.1
involving subdirectories being left behind in SPOOL after a job leaves
the queue iff the job specified
   when_to_transfer_output=on_exit_or_evict
(which is not the default for when_to_transfer_output).

Read about the details and progress here:

  https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=2942

Note that even with this bug, IIRC the condor_master should periodically spawn the condor_preen tool every 24 hours, and condor_preen should clean-up these left-behind spool sub-directories.

regards,
Todd