Re: [HTCondor-users] [Condor-users] condor_transfer_data problem on major version switch

On 14/11/2012 09:32, "Max Fischer" <mfischer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>This seems much better covered with your
>DropAndCompute system by simple drag&drop (or cp for terminal users?)
>whereas our approach requires users to handle yet another interface.
Yes you could to a cp to the mounted submit folder if
you like the command line (but we were targeting people who don't like or
don't know the Linux command Line).

>Did you configure your submit node in a specific way to reduce the
>knowledge users must have about the condor architecture? Do you e.g.
>publish special default arguments to force broken drop-jobs out of the
>queue or set log, output and error by default? It seems like a natural
>step to have simpler jobs handled automatically, say a user drops only
>an executable and a data file and the background script writes out a
>basic jdl for transfering all files and running the executable plus some
>basic requirements (e.g. a #!bin/bash executable going to a Linux arch)
>and then handles it like a regular drop&compute job.

I'm not sure I exactly follow what you are asking here (although on
re-reading I do.)
We don't do anything apart from automatically running our local
condor_lint script, which we also do for command line users.
<http://www.walkingrandomly.com/?p=4411>.

BW
-Ian

--