[HTCondor-users] RANDOM_INTEGER problems on Windows

Hello All,

I'm trying to configure our execute hosts to vacate jobs automatically
just before they are rebooted each night. To spread out the checkpoints I've
tried to add some "jitter" with RANDOM_INTEGER thus:

PERIODIC_VACATE = ( ( $(REBOOT_TIME) - ClockMin ) == RANDOM_INTEGER( 0, 10 ) )
PREEMPT         = $(UWCS_PREEMPT) || ( $(PERIODIC_VACATE) == TRUE )

but this does not seem to work. I can't track down a definitive error message
but it looks like the condor_startd (or possibly condor_starter) is repeatedly
failing and the shadow disconnecting because of this.

If I take out the randomness, e.g.

PERIODIC_VACATE = ( ( $(REBOOT_TIME) - ClockMin ) == 0 )

everything works fine.

Has anyone else seen this ? Is RANDOM_INTEGER supported under Windows or
does it have some /dev/random dependence ?

I'm using Condor 7.6.2 on Windows 7 Enterprise.

regards,

-ian.

Dr Ian C. Smith,
Advanced Research Computing,