Re: [HTCondor-users] slow submission rate

Are you timing just condor_submit, or are you also timing job run/completion rates?

Job submissions cause the schedd to commit a transaction to $(SPOOL)/job_queue.log. If the disk containing that is slow, submissions will be slow. One way to verify if this is the limiting factor is to add the following to your configuration:

CONDOR_FSYNC = FALSE

Another thing to keep in mind is that if you can batch submissions of many jobs into a single submit file, there will be fewer transactions.

--Dan