[HTCondor-users] Condor 7.8.8 ERROR: can't find username of current user!

Hello Everyone,

I'm a new condor user and have installed 7.8.8 on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux server.  We are using active directory for authentication so users do not exist in the /etc/passwd file.  We have a server working using Condor 7.6.10 and I believe I have the configuration set up the same on both machines.  On the 7.8.8 servers when I submit a job I get:

08/02/13 15:23:25 ERROR: can't find username of current user! BEWARE: $(USERNAME) will be undefined
Submitting job(s)
ERROR: Failed to connect to local queue manager
AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using FS

This does not happen on the 7.6.10 server.  Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions about what I should be looking at to get this working?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Patrick
taylor@xxxxxxxxx