[HTCondor-users] Error on expressions that don't match

Hello,

I'm attempting to use the python bindings, and I'm hitting a bit of a flaw. If I do something like this:

schedd.edit(rootConst, "HoldReason", "\"%s\"" % self.JOB_RESTART_HOLD_REASON)

but, the constraint doesn't match any jobs, the _expression_ throws:

RuntimeError: Unable to edit jobs matching constraint

I can run condor_q -constraint manually on the command line, and running the same line with a slightly different constraint (which matches jobs) works. Am I right to assume that condor is complaining because I told it to edit a null list of jobs? If so, is there a way to change that behavior?

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew Melo