[HTCondor-users] HTCondor condor_status shows no available workers

Hello,

I am just getting started with HTCondor.  I am running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and have installed via apt-get with the source "http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/debian/stable/ lenny contrib"

This yielded HTCondor version:
7.8.7 Dec 12 2012 BuildID: 86173 $
$CondorPlatform: x86_64_deb_5.0 $

I have done my best to touch as little as possible to show myself that condor us running:

$ pstree | grep condor
     |-condor_master-+-condor_collecto
     |               |-condor_negotiat
     |               |-condor_schedd---condor_procd
     |               `-condor_startd

The issue is that when I run condor_status, my command prompt simply returns.  No workers are listed at all, no information is printed.

I checked to make sure that the daemons are correctly specfied in the config file, as best I can tell it is setup correctly.

Please advise if you have any advice!

Thank you,

Dan