From: <Rochford>, Steve <s.rochford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, 7 January 2013 10:38
To: "htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx" <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-users] Matlab on Condor (Windows)

We’ve previously run Matlab very successfully on our Windows setup but now we’re having problems – matlab jobs don’t complete.

Unfortunately, we’ve upgraded both Matlab (2012a) and Condor (7.8.2) over the summer so I’m not sure which (if either) is causing the problem.

A sample command we’re trying to run is:

matlab.exe -nodesktop -noFigureWindows -nosplash -wait -nojvm -r go

where “go” is the name of a .m file in the current directory.

The files we need are getting copied to an execute node, I can see (by using pslist) that Matlab is starting but it’s not actually executing the code in go.m (the first line of go.m creates a text file for results; that’s not being created)

The matlab.exe which is on the path is just some kind of loader which runs c:\matlab\R2012a\bin\win64\MATLAB.exe and that actually runs the code so I’ve tried using this command instead:

c:\matlab\R2012a\bin\win64\MATLAB.exe -nodesktop -noFigureWindows -nosplash -wait -nojvm -r go

but this doesn’t run to completion either.

If I just log on to a computer interactively, copy the contents of a stalled execute directory to it and try and run the submitted command then it works fine.

Does anyone have experience of using Matlab like this?

Steve