[HTCondor-users] Using VARS with SPLICE in DAGMan

I'm looking at SPLICE in DAGMan and I'm curious if you can use CATEGORY and VARS to send values into the jobs of the inner dags. The documentation mentions that MAXJOBS can be controlled this way so I'm hoping there is the same functionality for VARS.

I'll potentially going to have a lot of jobs with slight variations and I'm trying to work around having to generate submit files for each.

I've put together an example of what I'm wondering is possible:

#BEGIN DAG FILE X.dag

JOB A condor_job_A.submit
CATEGORY A catA

JOB B condor_job_B.submit