Re: [HTCondor-users] Can we visualize HTC?

Lars, this is a fascinating reply and you open my eyes - and I hope the eyes of many people on this list - to Sparklines , Flame -Graphs and so on.

From my point of view, imagine I can visualize all existing power-user of HTCondor. Then I can visualize all non-power engineers and researchers who may benefit from HTC use. Using a combination of their ability, motivation and triggers to act see Foggs model:
http://www.behaviormodel.org/

Then we adapt Bosco to capture this non-power user segment. The analogy is:

Text => Triggers => Tweeter
Email=> Triggers => Facebook

and why not:

HTCondor =>Triggers => Bosco ?

Now these visualizations go well beyond my personal interest, and ability. But I always look at bright people with ideas to help and teach me.

PS: To illustrate what we mean here is a special version of Bosco Âfor R! project users. R! Group in LinkedIn has 20,000 people and they have 50% share of stats predictive analysis market (SaS and SPSS being the other Âplayers). Slides prepared Âby Derek Weitzel.

We have researchers on the OSG and at our local universities that want to run R on our clusters
They donât know:
  • The command line
  • Cluster schedulers (Condor, PBS, LSFâ)
We want to create a seamless environment for them to run on remote clusters

Short summary page: Â
http://bosco.opensciencegrid.org/boscor/

Wiki Page Â
https://twiki.grid.iu.edu/bin/view/CampusGrids/BoscoR