[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [HTCondor-users] configuring a GPU machine
- Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 13:22:55 -0400
- From: "Dunn, George Jr" <dunng@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] configuring a GPU machine
Did you see this in the recipes section on the wiki?
I am also a greenhorn but I am about to head down this path (have a couple of servers with GPU's I would like find a better way to advertise and utlize. Currently I am basically using the machine name to target the gpu machines and there is no contention.
From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tobias Beisel
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 11:11 AM
Subject: [HTCondor-users] configuring a GPU machine
I am new to condor and have problems configuring my machine.
I'm using HTCondor V8.0.0 on a Ubuntu 12.04 machine with 16 CPUs (8 Cores with Hyperthreading) and 4 NVIDIA Tesla C2070 GPUs. I would like to configure condor to 1. use each GPU combined with 1 CPU as a slot and 2. each 4 of the remaining 12 CPU as a single slot.
I managed to provide the slots for GPUs using the following configuration:
MACHINE_RESOURCE_gpu = 4
MACHINE_RESOURCE_actuator = 20
SLOT_TYPE_1 = gpu=1, cpu=1, actuator=1
NUM_SLOTS_TYPE_1 = 4
condor_status shows these slots correctly.
Unfortunately I can not get the remaining CPUs to be configured as slots. The following does not show any slots:
SLOT_TYPE_2 = cpu=1, actuator=1
NUM_SLOTS_TYPE_2 = 12
SLOT_TYPE_2 = cpu=4, actuator=1
NUM_SLOTS_TYPE_2 = 3
I tried several other configurations I found from examples, but in best case could manage one slot type to be shown.
What would I need to change to make it work?
Assuming the above would work, I'd have two more questions on how to create job submission files:
1. As configured, the above mentioned GPU slots show 'Arch x64_64' and so would the CPU slots. How can I choose a different executable based on the provided architecture then, as proposed in chapter 2.5.6 (heterogeneous submit) by using the $$(Arch) macro?
2. Is it also possible to choose different arguments to the executables based on the provided 'Arch'? This would allow to choose the executed code within a single application binary, i.e., figuratively using a 'fat' binary.
Thank you for your help,
HTCondor-users mailing list
To unsubscribe, send a message to htcondor-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxx with a
You can also unsubscribe by visiting
The archives can be found at: