Re: [HTCondor-users] Limit Memory Usage

Romain <nuelromain@...> writes:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I would like to know how to configure my execute nodes to preempt jobs
that
> exceed the memory reserved for HTCondor.
>
> I use Ubuntu 12.04 on execute nodes and I have HTCondor version 7.8.7
>
> I look at https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?
> p=HowToLimitMemoryUsage
> and in the documentation but my tests are not concluding.
>
> I would preempt jobs when they exceed the limit so I do this:
> PREEMPT = $(PREEMPT) || ((MemoryUsage > Memory) =!= TRUE)
> WANT_SUSPEND = $(WANT_SUSPEND) && ((MemoryUsage > Memory) =!= TRUE)
> (like in the wiki)
>
> But that doesn't work, and I try to replace "Memory" by a number (1000 for
> example and that doesn't work too.
>
> I try USER_JOB_WRAPPER but I don't really understand how to use it...
>
> Thank you.
> Have a nice day.
>
> --
> Romain

Ok so I try use cgroups.

I've install it and create a group for htcondor like in the documentation
but what I have to add in configuration file or submit file ? because is not
clear in documentaition.

I just add this in configuration file:
BASE_CGROUP = htcondor
CGROUP_MEMORY_LIMIT_POLICY = hard

And I set up the /htcondor/memory.limit_in_bytes to 500MB but my test are
not concluding

Thanks.

--
Romain