[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[HTCondor-users] Condor Submit file: big whole file or several submit files
- Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 11:01:50 -0400
- From: Antonio Chay <achay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [HTCondor-users] Condor Submit file: big whole file or several submit files
Good day Condor Users!
Currently, I'm generating 2 kinds of condor submit file:
1.- One whole file, with several "Queue" commands, changing only
InitialDir and Arguments.
2.- Several submit files.
I like the solution (1) because :
- Is *way faster* than launching several submit files (and I think
is better for Condor).
- You only have one big submit file instead of several.
- When using DAG, is way simpler (one Condor submit file, several
jobs related to only 1 node, the DAG file is even human-readable).
But the solution (2) has advantages:
- if some job fails, I can relaunch it easily.
- DAGMan can relaunch specific failed jobs (rescue).
- For DAGMan: How can I have one big submit file and get all the
"rescue" benefits? (i.e.: re-running failed jobs only).
- For normal condor_submit : is there an easy way to "rebuild" a
condor_submit entry? (currently I'm working on this, adding extra
"markups", so I can parse the big file and reproduce the failed job).