Re: [HTCondor-users] Job Scheduling

On 01/06/2013 18:32, Muak rules wrote:
I just did what you asked me to do.
There is only one worker node is showing but in worker node it was not showing queue
What do you mean by "not showing queue"?
  so I add "SCHEDD" in DAEMON_LIST in "condor_config.local"
A machine running "STARTD" is a worker, in the sense that it will execute jobs. It does not have its own queue.

A machine running "SCHEDD" + "COLLECTOR" + "NEGOTIATOR" is a "master" - it has a job queue and parcels out jobs to the workers. Generally you only want one machine like this, where people come and submit their jobs.

This is exactly what I showed in the working sample configs I posted (which are based on the ones I use).

On the master machine, type "condor_status" to show which worker machines have been found and whether they are ready to execute jobs.

If you want your master machine also to execute jobs, then you can run STARTD on that as well. However I'd suggest it's better to have a dedicated master node if you can, as it's less likely to run out of resources.