Re: [HTCondor-users] authentication question

> I discovered the cause of this issue, but have no reasonable resolution. The
> machine running condor_master uses LDAP authentication via sssd, so there are
> no user records in the local passwd file. Once I manually added a person to
> /etc/passwd they are able to submit jobs and query the queue.

I'm sure this is the key piece of information, but I'm not sure exactly what
is going on.  Could you please do the following:

1) Set environment variable _CONDOR_TOOL_DEBUG to "D_FULLDEBUG D_ALL" and then
run your condor_submit command again with the "-debug" flag:

  condor_submit -debug condorSumbit.job

2) Run condor_submit again using strace:

  strace condor_submit condorSumbit.job

Please send me that output (off-list is fine) and I will take a closer look.

Cheers,
-zach