[HTCondor-users] UNC path and error 1067

Hi Again,

I promise I will stop flooding the list soon! J

I am trying to have a central condor_config for these windows machine with UNC path.

I have a share setup with guest read only. IE I can open windows explorer and type in the the path and it loads without any prompting.

I have tried:

- Setting the System environment variable CONDOR_CONFIG to the unc path to the file.

-Setting the registry key

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Condor]

"CONDOR_CONFIG"="\\x.x.x.x\\<share>\\condor_config"

In both cases I get an error 1067 in windows when trying to start the service but nothing that I can find in the condor logs.

I was reading that it may be due to Local Service account not having network access but to test I created I local user with administrator access and I still get the same error.

Has anyone seen this or better yet found a solution / work around ?

Almost There!

Eddie