Re: [HTCondor-users] Dynamic DAGs

Dmitry,

   I have a job like this. It’s fairly easy to do, but you have to use a SUBDAG. There are two separate mechanisms within condor to include a dag as a node in a parental dag. There’s the SUBDAG mechanism and the SPLICE mechanism. When you don’t know the structure of the child dag when you submit the parental dag, you have to use the SUBDAG mechanism. It’s much nicer to use SPLICE when you can, but in the scenario you outlined it is not possible.

John

John N. Calley, Ph. D.

Ttx Genetics and Bioinformatics

Eli Lilly and Co.